(#23 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
03-15-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeanslady View Post
in such a catastrophy situation it is better to say very clear what you can do and what you can not do .. to tell the people the hole truth and stop lying ... if s.b. can not do his job, so he should say this from the beginning .. and give the job to another person who can do ...
Crisis containment requires that to keep people calm public officials say what they know and DO NOT SPECULATE publicly about details of what is only possibility and what is being attempted. Do not accuse someonone of lying. If you had the facts you would not be wasting time stirring up bystanders by posting on this forum. For someone with first hand knowledge of the reactors to do so would be abandoning your responsibility working to avoid the total destruction of Fukushima. You are either a fraud or a deserter, and I do not really care which. In this sort of situation they are equally reprehensible.

Quote:
why didnt they not ask for help of the neighbour military of china or sowjet ... they have helis to evacuate to the next airport .... 3-4 days and nothing happened ... i believe they would have helped in such a situation ... mankind ...
YOU ARE WRONG! Emergency medivac helicopters can only carry about 6 people plus crew. Having a good feel for the types of helicopters available to do this in close proximity, I feel certain the possibility was discussed with all of the surrounding nations, as well as the U.S. However, there probably is not enough solid, cleared landing space in the disaster zone to land the over 1,000 helicopters this would require, much less available fuel at either end of such flights for that many trips. I worked with crews who did this during Katrina and it does not work well for mass evacuations.

And if you have any more brilliant ideas why haven't you contacted the local officials with them instead of ranting here?!

Celte - you did mention at least one positive thing. The potassium iodide that is used for radiation treatment is being distributed. I heard the announcements over NHK when the problems first escalated at the reactors.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.