View Single Post
(#27 (permalink))
Old
bluejeanslady (Offline)
JF Regular

03-15-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
Crisis containment requires that to keep people calm public officials say what they know and DO NOT SPECULATE publicly about details of what is only possibility and what is being attempted. Do not accuse someonone of lying. If you had the facts you would not be wasting time stirring up bystanders by posting on this forum. For someone with first hand knowledge of the reactors to do so would be abandoning your responsibility working to avoid the total destruction of Fukushima. You are either a fraud or a deserter, and I do not really care which. In this sort of situation they are equally reprehensible.

YOU ARE WRONG! Emergency medivac helicopters can only carry about 6 people plus crew. Having a good feel for the types of helicopters available to do this in close proximity, I feel certain the possibility was discussed with all of the surrounding nations, as well as the U.S. However, there probably is not enough solid, cleared landing space in the disaster zone to land the over 1,000 helicopters this would require, much less available fuel at either end of such flights for that many trips. I worked with crews who did this during Katrina and it does not work well for mass evacuations.

And if you have any more brilliant ideas why haven't you contacted the local officials with them instead of ranting here?!

Celte - you did mention at least one positive thing. The potassium iodide that is used for radiation treatment is being distributed. I heard the announcements over NHK when the problems first escalated at the reactors.
my english is not so big, so i donnot understand everything .. but one thing: you will find everytime arguments against one in every situation .. but i think in such a situation it makes no sense to discuss but act because there is no time for ... if there is only place for 6 persons in one heli - it is better than no place ... every life is worthful .. if you save one person it is better than no person ... i think complete in another way than you ... of course it is a lot of work and a question of will ... and i think in armee helis is more place ... why must people make things so complicated ... just start ... it is better than doing nothing and just talking about ... sorry ... the discussing people do never reach any aim ... but the visionaires do it ...