(#198 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
03-17-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
So because Japan is an economic power they don't deserve the money as much as a third world nation run by dictators?

I am not seeing the correlation between "economically strong government" and "people freezing in the cold without food and water". They need help now. It's that simple. Foreign aid workers are on the ground digging people out, get people fed, finding bodies and getting them taken care of. THESE people don't fly there by magic. It takes money to get them food and equipment, get them on planes get them working.

You seem to have a lot more faith in the Japanese government than the people of Japan do right now.

Everyone is suspicious of the government until they need help, and now you and Ronin are saying "No, the government is strong. They can take care of the Japanese people." Well, which is it. Is the government capable of doing it on their own or not? The last 5 days show us, clearly not. The money put into the relief effort is not going to building harbors and bridges. It is going to try to save lives, get people out of danger, recover bodies, and clear paths so the healing and building can even start to begin.
Rich countries, such as Japan, that have the money to PAY for aid workers from all over the world to fly over there and help in any way possible don't need donations as much as other countries which are in equal need of help and, unlike Japan, have no money to fix the damage. That's all I'm saying and it's the truth. Turn it around all you want, it's true and it's undeniable.

EDIT: LOL Gee, I just got called a racist in the previous page for saying the above. How funny.

everything is relative and contradictory ~

Last edited by Suki : 03-17-2011 at 11:23 PM.