View Single Post
(#238 (permalink))
Old
bluejeanslady (Offline)
JF Regular

03-24-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Fair enough, and as I said, I would be scared too if I am reading the same source you are reading.

But if you look at sites and news from Taiwan, US, Canada, China and most importantly Japan, they are reporting problems and they are reporting issues with the plant, but its under control. The current concentration for most news agencies with the mentioned countries are all all surrounding either Libya or they own local affairs. People are not jumping up and down over Fukushima because they don't see the value of it now that the situation is under control (Sadly, yes, mass media are happy over disaster)

If its as bad as what you saw, I am sure everyone will be all over it, especially the US, they have troops working there right now helping you know

I just saw a picture of US military cleaning the flight deck of their carrier, trying to get rid of any radiation that it maybe exposed to. That said, the troops are wearing standard military uniform, no mask, just cloth wrapped around their face. The fact that they are cleaning the deck means they are aware of the radiation level there, but the fact that they are only cleaning it and not getting away form it means that its not high risk. Not to mention the troops are not wearing protective gear, and that cloth around the face is probably meant to fight against whatever chemical is used in the cleaning solvent.

A
at moment it is dangerous in the 30 km zone and where the radiation goes in clouds or sea water ... the people who work there have not the right clothing on, thats a fact ... if the us marine cleans the deck with normal uniform they have proofed this before ... but radiation you cannot see, you can only measure ... for this nothing is clear, where did the radiation goes the hole time .. this are not only clouds which are leaving the reactors ... for this, nobody can tell you which area is save because one minute later it is not save ... its a risk anywhere in that area ... and later on its a dead zone, now at moment this 30km but it can grow up very quickly .. this depends what really happende up to now and will happen in near future ... we will see this later .. at moment nobody can tell you exactly ... but one thing is clear, the clouds are not harmless ... and over night the water and food is contamined ... thats quick ...