Thread: leave the area
View Single Post
(#269 (permalink))
Old
TrainOfThought (Offline)
JF Regular

03-27-2011, 11:51 AM

I think it's sad how media sometimes give us false/misinerpreted information about serious stuff like this just to make more money (HUGE headlines with words like "explosion", "radioactive" and "death" in even bigger letters). I've seen it in Sweden as well (damn you, Aftonbladet!), but from what I've heard and read, no country is doing a better job at it than Germany.

My German is "a bit" rusty, but it seems most German newspapers (especially local ones) are pretty much saying that Japan will cease to exist in the near future.
Many of their "experts" are 100% sure that this will end in a worldwide disaster one way or another.
The first scenario is that at least 4 of the reactors will go through a complete meltdown, rendering Japan and parts of several other east-asian countries uninhabitable.
The second scenario they're talking about is that a big part of Japan (basically everything north of Nagoya) is going to sink because of the earthquakes. This will cause a huge tsunami-like wave, wiping out the west coasts of south and north america, and blah blah blah. This also seems to be the new thing to make youtube videos about.

Aaah... can you smell that..? Yes, it..it smells like fear-mongering! I don't really know why they'd think it'd be a good idea to spread this kind of disinformation. I mean, what could they possibly gain from it?

To bluejeanslady: Please, for your own sake, don't just swallow everything German media feeds you. You've got the internet at your fingertips! Gather information from at least 4-5 sources and think about what sounds logical and what doesn't.

"Where you invest your love, you invest your life."
Mumford and Sons - Awake My Soul

"We can hope for the future, but there may not be one."
Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons