Old
YuriTokoro (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-27-2011, 01:45 PM

Hi.
Could someone correct my English?

“16 days after the Massive Earthquakes in Japan.”

I bought a new mobile phone last week.
My old one didn’t receive earthquake early warnings.
The new phone starts alarm every time emergency earthquake alert is issued.
Even if I am fast asleep, my phone will wake me up a little bit before an earthquake is coming.
In addition, my old phone’s battery has been running out so fast.
I decided to buy a new mobile phone every three years at least.
There were some people who made a phone call for help under the rubble after the Earthquakes.
My cell-phone charms are a small flash light and a whistle.
If a massive earthquake occurred and I’m buried under the rubble, I would search an exit in the dark with my flashlight. You might say you would use your cell phone’s backlight, but the battery must be precious under the circumstances. I would use my flashlight.
If there is not an exit, I will use my whistle to tell my place to the rescue team. Nine days after the Earthquake, 16 old boy and his grandmother were found in the broken kitchen. He said he had heard there were rescue workers, but the rescuers didn’t hear his voice for days.
Can you imagine that you cry out for help in the dark and rescue team doesn’t hear you?
I think there might be many people who cried out for help, but usually people cannot cry loud enough.
I’ve had this whistle for years. When I saw the movie “Titanic”, the heroine blow a whistle for help, I thought I should have a whistle with me.
I really recommend you to have one. Really.

Thank you.

Hello, I may not understand English very well and I may lack words but I will try to understand you.

If you have questions about my post or Japanese customs, don't hesitate to ask.

I YamaP

Last edited by YuriTokoro : 03-27-2011 at 01:54 PM.