View Single Post
(#283 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-28-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeanslady View Post
of course its your decision to believe in that people - i donnot do this .. this is my decision ... what is your problem ? ... you make your thing and i make my thing ... we are a free world ...
We are all free to have opinions yes. But this isn't just about opinions it's about facts, what is actually happening as opposed to the scenario you try and create. The Chief Scientific Advisor to the UK isn't just anyone. His advice is there for the UK citizens living in Tokyo (a city well within the range you have called for a total evacuation). His advice is after consultation with experts in the field. If his advice is wrong it could have huge political and financial implications for the UK government so he doesn't give that advice without serious consideration of the facts. So although it's fine to have an opinion that nuclear energy is bad it is not fine to just completely dismiss the advice of such a person. In fact it borders on the ridiculous. People here have an issue with you because you completely ignore anything that doesn't suit the scenario you are trying to convince people of. A scenario that is not based on truth.