(#509 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-31-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
Why is that?
I can't speak for Tokusatsufan, but I understand his logic.

For me I didn't want to date during university, because I wanted to focus entirely on my studies and pass with the best grades I could get - I tried dating once, but it just confirmed for me that my university was more important. Getting grades, getting the degree, it would determine my life, so relationships weren't worth the distraction. Now it's a matter of waiting until I'm in Japan.

It's not for any shallow reasons, like 'I must get a Japanese bf/gf!', it's just that I'm determined to go to Japan (or if that doesn't pan out, for whatever reason, at least a year abroad in another country to get the work experience and taste of foriegn culture). So to date now only to turn around this time next year and say "sorry, I'm going to Japan/Korea/China etc. now, see ya!" just isn't fair on my potential partner, and it's not fair on me who dislikes the idea of short-term relationships. I'm only willing to date someone if it looks like it's going somewhere.

Not saying that's Tokusatsufan's experience, but that's my personal take on 'waiting to be in Japan to date'