View Single Post
(#510 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

03-31-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
It's not for any shallow reasons, like 'I must get a Japanese bf/gf!', it's just that I'm determined to go to Japan (or if that doesn't pan out, for whatever reason, at least a year abroad in another country to get the work experience and taste of foriegn culture). So to date now only to turn around this time next year and say "sorry, I'm going to Japan/Korea/China etc. now, see ya!" just isn't fair on my potential partner, and it's not fair on me who dislikes the idea of short-term relationships. I'm only willing to date someone if it looks like it's going somewhere.

Not saying that's Tokusatsufan's experience, but that's my personal take on 'waiting to be in Japan to date'
No, I understand you if it's like that, because I was similar. I mean, I didn't put off dating in school, but I happened to not be in a relationship a few months out before I was scheduled to move to Japan so I didn't actively try and get into one for the same reason as having to just pack my bags and leave my partner behind, and it wasn't as if I was looking forward to dating in Japan. When I see those kinds of posts, however, red flags seem to go off when they're written that ambiguously because there really are shallow people like that (not accusing the other poster until he's had his say) and if you were to find them anywhere on the web, this would be a good site to find them, along with the weeaboos.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography