View Single Post
(#39 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

04-06-2011, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
Well I found pretty much exactly what I was looking for when I moved to Japan. I wanted to live in a place that had snow to sea level. Hokkaido has snow to sea level for almost 5 months. I wanted to live and work at a ski resort, in the ski industry. I've done that for almost 8 years. I wanted to live a simpler, less consumeristic lifestyle. Rural Hokkaido is a great place for that. I wanted to live close to the outdoors with easy access to mountains, rivers, lakes and beaches. Within an hour of my house I have an abundance of all of those (many within 10mins of my house). I wanted to live in a close community, the sort of place where when you drive to work you know half the people in the cars you pass. Where the community does a lot of events and things together, where you know nearly everyone by name. I got that here as well.
Nothing in the above had anything really to do with Japanese culture.
That's funny, a lot of those things you mentioned are very similar to parts of Canada I've been in.

I thought you had to go back to Aus? Did you bail on that to stay in Japan?

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.