View Single Post
(#46 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

04-08-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Let me guess. You're another English teacher who, apart from his Japanese girlfriend and some acquaintances who humour you, really doesn't know any Japanese people?

It's either that or you're an anime obssessed freak who thinks Japanese guys are the brooding, metrosexual, anti-heroes that are the main characters in the video games you play lol.

And I don't know what gym you went to. But the gym I was at (the university gym) had a weights room which was usually full of rugby players (most of whom were bigger than me) as well as a dojo where the various martial arts clubs trained.

We had all sorts at our uni. Yeah we had the metrosexual guys too... but they were but one of many cliques and styles that were present at the uni.

I think Japanese society reflects that diversity I saw at uni and isn't the picture you paint.
No, I am a Polish lawyer with no interest in teaching anyone English whatsoever, mate. Never had a Japanese girlfriend , never will either. My wife is from Phlippines, with some Chinese and Spanish blood mixed into it. Beats any J-girl anytime of the day.

As to the Japanese culture? Let me see... I have studied Japanese calligraphy for nearly 10 years, also I am a member of a research group of classical literature organised by Shosoin calligraphy org. I have studied martial arts for 7, including 2 years in 極真会館本部道場 in Ikebukuro, as well as Japanese language and culture for 2 years here in Tokyo. So, I am pretty sure I am quite well acquainted with Japanese culture.

I do not watch anime, do not even like anime. Don't even have TV, simply no time for garbage.

So try again, your judgement failed.

Japanese guys have complexes, tons of them. Girliness of the guys here is aparent.

p.s. judging from your avatar pic (if indeed it is yours) yuou do look like charisma man though, lol

Last edited by ryuurui : 04-08-2011 at 06:37 PM.