View Single Post
(#260 (permalink))
Old
loveskyliemole (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-18-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by student95 View Post
Haha, have you found out what 'dude' is? It's a very common slang for: you, guy, person. i.e. 'Hey dude!' roughly means 'Hey you!'
thank you
It was back in 1992~3, when the boys said to me "dude" and I didn't hear any girls said "dude", but do they do ?
Don't you guys use "mate" anymore?

Quote:
I found your message very entertaining.
It brought to light how much of my daily life I take for given. I always thought that the slang I spoke was universal English slang ^^. I actually needed quite some time to think of what I use that is labelled 'slang'...I use it without thinking! It's become the normal English to me.
It's fun, isn't it? to "stop and think"(I don't know a good verb for this) about our native language.
I really enjoyed teaching Aussie kids Japanese, cos I had to "stop and think" how I use Japanese... and it actually helped me to understand English better.

Quote:
Some slang:
It was hectic/awesome = It was cool; Ace = very good; That was mad! = that was great!; Aussie = English; AZN = asian; break wind (this is not very appropriate for purposes of ithis message but it is used so I put it in anyway) = to fart
Wacko = crazy/crazy person
Brekkie = Breakfast >> Yes we do make a lot of words shorter!
BBQ = Barbie
Chocolate = Choc
Kindergarten = Kindy
Mcdonalds = Maccas
Thank you! Interesting!

How about "Hungry Jacks"?

an old friend of mine from Melbourne, he used to call it HJ.
and some other called McDonald's Mackie Dee or something.

How do you say AZN? like...eizeden?
(first, I didn't read it properly and thought you were talking about the bank!)

Quote:
I once asked my teacher if 'I could go to the bathroom', but he corrected me by saying that there was not bath there! There's no better phrase, I think it all comes down to personal opinions. =D
At English school, when I told my teacher "May I go to toilet."
She didn't let me, cos I forgot to say "the" !

Quote:
>> Yes we use oopsie (you've spelt it right), whoops and oops. I've heard some guys use it too. Its most basic use (and the only one I can think of) is when we notice a clumsy mistake e.g. I spelt a word wrong and automatially say 'oops' or any of its other alternatives.
There's also 'whoopsie daisy' which is used in the same way.
I heard that, whoppsie daisy!
daisy is a flower right?

Quote:
I really enjoyed your questions! C ya
Im happy to hear that

So you picked Sakura, she will be happy to be your friend

Sakura will use another forum for kids (one of the members from this Japan Forum created for us), but she will be here with me next Thursday.

Please write your message in Japanese too!
Sakura will be happy to help you!

kylie Mole Rules I miss her !!!!