View Single Post
(#4 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

04-19-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carano View Post
Hey, just wondering if anybody has used Rosetta Stone before?

I got the chance to try it today, and while I only did Unit 1 > Core Lesson,

It just started throwing pictures at me, for example, of 3 women in a swimming pool, and I had to choose the correct sentence to describe that picture.

But, there was also 3 other pictures alongside this, of something like a toddler in a pool. 2 young children in a pool, etc.

With no explanation, how am I actually meant to know what the pictures are trying to describe when I know zero Japanese?

I don't know if the pictures are saying 2 children swimming / 1 middle aged woman in a pool.... etc.

It made no sense, especially as this was the very first lesson. I think the only thing I grasped was the word 'water'

Is this core lesson just giving some examples of basic structure? (even though it doesn't teach you)

There are alot of different lessons, so I guess the later ones will maybe break all of these words down or something? Because if I have to guess what the picture is trying to tell me, how am I actually meant to know what the matching sentence means?

Thanks.
I can't be sure, but I think I've seen this exact question asked on JF before...

/sarcasm