View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

04-20-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carano View Post
Thanks for the replies, RobinMask & Rinai! Not so much the pointless reply of that fat bloke.

Yeah, it was definitely the first lesson of the entire course that I tried.

But after further searching, I found some reviews, where people mentioned the same things. But I guess I'll stick to it for a while. The main issue is, as I say, just trying to figure out what the picture is trying to tell me, like, am I looking at how many people are in the picture, male of female, or the activity they're doing?

"This has some obvious drawbacks, such as it not always being clear what the pictures are trying to show. You can be looking at a picture of a red ball for ages, and not realize that what you’re supposed to be focusing on are the children, or the kind of game that they’re playing. A simple solution to this is to have a dictionary with you while you are learning, so you can run through the possible answers, but for the amount you’re paying for this course, it’s the sort of thing you really shouldn’t have to do. Grammar lesson There are no explanations for the pictures themselves, and no external information that helps you to understand any of the potentially more complex grammar aspects of learning a language.

Still, overall, the pace of the lessons is excellent, with a lot of re-capping previous points and making sure that you understand the right lessons that have been taught.
"

So I guess I'll stick to it for a while, things will probably start to make more sense eventually.
I think the app make some assumptions, and it base on relational logic, so it assume that, if they display a picture of a guy performing different things, then they keep on playing a sentence describing what he is performing, you will eventually pickup the Japanese of what or who is the guy.... just because the word Otoko will be repeated just as many times.

Not sure how to explain it, I find it very weird myself when I tried it. I am not fluent fluent, but I say conversational... Level 1 contain some stuff that is relatively simple to follow for me, but there are also material that is way out of my skills, so I don't know how they determine the skill level...

I kinda stopped playing with it for a while... so I haven't try level 2 or 3 yet...