View Single Post
(#48 (permalink))
Old
myk (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-22-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
Ohh, I think the problem was that I was expecting something very different from it I wasn't reading anything about it before it came out, just that it was a WW II War Movie about Nazi Germany.

I couldn't believe what I was watching there.. Tarantino doing such a creepy, Satire, Comedy.. and humanize the Nazis like that. It just wasn't what I was hoping for I guess. Probably failed in my eyes because of that!

I also found the dialogue to be very un-Tarantino like.. Death Proof for example gave me that Tarantiono charm back
I see what you're saying. But I think that he humanized the Nazis just to dehumanize them again. I think you'll recall the ending, where Hans Landa defects to save his own ass. I think that Tarantino did it that way just to show what slime the upper-level SS guys really were.

Hmm.. I don't know if "creepy" is the word I would use for it. In fact, I've always found Tarantino's dialogue to be pretty consistent from film to film (ie: he always seems to use the line "I know this is a stupid question before I ask it...). I've never seen Deathproof though, which is sad. All my friends tell me I've gotta see it. I think I'll watch it today

PS - I see that you live in Germany. How was Basterds recieved there?