View Single Post
(#13 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-23-2011, 08:20 AM

when I consider all the fuss over so called celebrities-- Here we have our future king marrying his bride to be and we are privileged to observe all the glory and pageantry.usually glorious music is sung--those noble jet black horses--The well trained cavalry riders who are young men who also are every day soldiers--Britain does wonderful displays that delight the eye.

I am thankful that we are privileged to have this wedding recorded for posterity.

The Royals do a lot for this country--- they are excellent diplomats and our Queen at 85 is still doing her duty and visiting many charities and functions often when i bet she would rather be putting her feet up. Prince Philip also works extremely hard.It can never have been easy for him

It represents our country and brings in many tourists from abroad who love to
observe the colourful parades.

I shall record it on dvd---I just am sad when i consider what happened to Princess Diana and think of the terrible life she led-- yet she tried so hard to help out in the world. Wanted to ban the use of land mines--she was so much loved- but in my eyes-- so abused by the royals---------.AND the Paparazzi who made her life hell in order to capture a picture of her for the newspapers. yet those who bought those newspapers were partly responsible in a way. I wish kate a much happier experience with her young Prince-- who resembles his mother so much. At least I believe that here is true love between the two-- whereas I believe it was one way with Diana- rather like-- A marriage has been arranged.

I think that Kate has a different personality--- will survive the Burden of being part of the Royal family.

I personally would not wish to be born into that family-- which has so little privacy-- despite the privileges they appear to have.

I for one shall enjoy this One day of Pageantry and feel sure that millions of others will be glad for a day off work-- although my japanese friend is not allowed time off her EFL school to watch this part of British Culture. what a shame. I wish Wills and Kate a loving life together and pray that kate will not be harassed as Diana was.