View Single Post
(#14 (permalink))
Old
xchampion91 (Offline)
New to JF

04-27-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
[devil's advocate] Where in Japan did your wealthy friend get those pieces? If he doesn't know who did them, how does he believe them to be quite valuable? [/devil's advocate]

We had someone here in the past trying to pass off prints as the real deal and it didn't sit well. Some forum members took time to research and help out that other time and I was annoyed all their time was wasted on crap someone wanted to sell on eBay....
I understand the skepticism but my friend (actually my wife's friend) was a Regional VP for Motorola in the 90's. I do not know where he got them but I assure everyone that I am above board and not selling these on ebay. I am open to sell some to a good buyer though.

I can also assure everyone that these do not look like prints at all. They seem to be actual watercolors (aside from the silk piece) and not reproductions.

If I recall correctly he was given most of these as a gift for his wedding. unfortunately I have no contact info for him since he moved to California and lives on his boat. Sucks but there it is.

My main interest in this is to get a value for them so I can insure them.