View Single Post
(#33 (permalink))
Old
Carano (Offline)
New to JF

04-28-2011, 10:29 AM

Thanks alot guys!

The reason I'm having second thoughts over these programs are because, I fear that over time, they will turn me into a robot, repeating their 'automatic and conveniently' constructed phrases, to the point where I'll forget what each word means, and only remember what the full sentence means. In return, expecting to hear the exact reply what the audio gives me. Where as, hypothetically speaking, if I was in Japan, they're not always going to reply with the same phrase that I'm used to hearing, in response to what I'm saying... But I guess I'll stick with them, I've got nothing to lose, I suppose.

Then again, I've been learning for a week, I can't really expect much else, bar a few basic phrases in that amount of time.

I understand it's going to take alot of time. Time that I'm willing to spend. Which is why I wanted as many resources as I can get, without having to stroll through constant websites telling me 'learn Japanese in 8 weeks!'

I've tried looking for language classes in my area. But there's absolutely nothing. There's not alot of anything where I live, unfortunately... If life was that convenient, I would have left this country atleast 5 years ago.

But I'll pick up Japanese for Busy People, for sure. Then take it from there.

Thanks.