View Single Post
(#199 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-28-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
if she really loved him they both would find a way.

God the obsession with the size.

I wonder how millions of couples have ever survived without having to see if the partner Fits.

It makes me feel sick--Relationships should have nothing to do with the intimate physical measurements. You either really love somebody--and adjust.

Or don't have the relationship.

Why not just get a vibrator-- then you don't need a partner.
At the risk of playing devil's advocate . . . I don't think millions of couples did survive back in the days where sex before marraige was a so-called 'no-no', where they dedicated their lives to one person without sexual relations before marraige . . .

I mean look throughout history and at the various cultures that didn't "try for a fit" first. I struggle to remember the eras exactly, but I'm sure in the Tudor era (or there abouts) it was very common to marry solely for political/practical reasons, and expected for both men and women to take extra-marital partners. In modern day it's still not great, there's many arranged marraiges that are abusive and/or partners going outside of the marraige for love/pleasure. Think of all the many affairs that people have, too.

I agree that size isn't all that matters. I think love is very important in a relationship, but - for many people - sexual pleasure is also important. People have needs and desires and expectations, and if someone isn't sexually fulfilled or having their needs met then they will be frustrated. I can't comment on whether size makes a huge difference or not, but if some people can't get pleasure from a certain size then they can't get pleasure from that partner. A relationship - that's healthy - should be one where both partners are having their needs met, whether monetary or emotional or intellectually or sexually, and if someone isn't having a need met then they aren't happy.

If you're in love with someone then maybe you can get past any differences like that, but nowadays people don't wait until they're in love to have sex, and so sexual compatibility is an issue and there isn't an 'undying love' there that would incite one to look past these differences.