(#37 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
04-30-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
This is more than just your favorite movies, as it is hard to discuss and argue simply about a person's opinion. Think of what you think the Ten Best Movies are. How you define "best" can be up to you, but you should be able to formulate a reason why for any movie is on your list that isn't personal (like, "that was the first movie I saw with my girlfriend".)

Personally, they would be movies I enjoyed, but are also influential in the film world and/or society as a whole. Chances are that they are movies that are borrowed from quite a bit in whatever genre they reside.
Just sayin'

Anywho, these criteria are not only biased, but also too vague. And besides, you can have a list of "most influential" movies, "most dramatic" movies, "movies with best performance" etc (in theory), but even then - who is going to decide what is more important - influence, emotionality, performance? So, as always, it pretty much always boils down to personal preference.

From the list you put up in the poll, I would give a nod only to Shawshank Redemption, as I haven't seen Citizen Kane, Gone With the Wind and Casablanca and the rest are not really worthy in my opinion.