View Single Post
(#36 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-02-2011, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
Actually the US news covered the wedding to a far, far greater degree than the UK press did - or at least from what I've seen. There was a lot of press about it on the actual day, but in the month leading up it was the US who had the most coverage . . . and you're right, it is being covered elsewhere (Bin Laden, that is) but just not to the insane degree in the US.

You could be right, and that it's because the event has far more significance to the US than to elsewhere, but at the same time the terrorist attacks affected everyone, and a lot of smaller countries had smaller attacks too. I know 9/11 was in America, but so many people died from other countries and from other nations in the towers, I have to question why it's more significant to America. Sorry, I just really don't get it :-/

Well considering it was in America that this happened, I cannot understand your surprise.

From that attack were spawned others and the war in IRAQ that followed.

If that man was the cause behind the attack on9/11. Where were you on that terrible day?

If there had not been that attack then we would not have been inIraq-- certainly not ostensibly to hunt Bin Laden down. I had never heard the mans name until after that event-- yet now we are stuck in the Middle east-- with too many lives taken or injured.

Bush wanted immediate revenge. Blair hung on to his coat tails-- forced us to join when many many of Us UK citizens were totally anti us invading Iraq.

My husband said that one of the reasons to bury Bin Laden in the sea was so there coud not be a memorial for him on a grave. I don't know but I am suspicious.

How many more Bin Ladens have we now to deal with?