View Single Post
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-08-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
I fit into the kind of "chill" feeling you described. I was glad I made it through the trip (14 hours on the plane) but I didn't have any kind of "awakening" while hanging out at Narita Airport. Truthfully, I was more excited on the plane ride with the cute stewardesses and good food of ANA than when I actually touched down
But I probably would have felt different if I was just visiting and not moving to Japan.
Hehe, I was on Finnair when I went, and if I'm completely honest I slept through most of the flight so I don't remember them that well. You're lucky to get ANA

Woah, so your first time there was when you were moving there?
And yes, I'm not surprised after all the probable headaches of getting everything ready for a new start in such a difficult to get to country :L

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
For me, it was a non-moment.... I walked out of a crappy 747, walked down the stairs onto the tarmac at Yokota and proceeded to board a crappy C-141 on my way to Tohoku.... I don't remember much else-it was October 1987....
C-141... sounds military, is that right?
What were you doing in Japan all the way back then, to land at Yokota? Were you posted there in the military?
Bet landing there back then was a different world to landing there these days :L