View Single Post
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-08-2011, 10:30 PM

I think that Siokan made a good point. If you were off the path, you were in there illegally - anyone finding you had every reason to suspect that you were intending to die in there.

A couple, looking to be in a "difficult" to fulfill relationship (parents don`t always approve of marrying a foreigner...), way off the path... You can`t really blame the guy. Not to mention that there are apparently plenty of cases of people just getting lost and dying in there even when they didn`t intend to at entering - when you`re so far from the cell towers, you may not even be able to call for help.

The sign says: "Turn back now. Don`t waste your life. Recall the faces of your parents and siblings."

You can see some similar stuff at Tojinbo - and will get the same treatment if you show up there after dark... And if you show up in the early morning you can sometimes see blood.

ETA;
Quote:
goes to show that Japanese people are indeed somewhat xenophobic...
By the way - xenophobic is not the word you want here. Noticing someone is clearly not ethnically Japanese isn`t quite "Intense or irrational dislike or fear of people from other countries." If he were saying he didn`t care if she died, and that she should die because she wasn`t Japanese - THEN xenophobia would be the right choice. As it is, referring to someone as gaijin carries about as heavy a meaning as calling someone a "blonde".

People using that word incorrectly is becoming a bit of a pet peeve for me.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.

Last edited by Nyororin : 06-08-2011 at 11:16 PM.