View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

06-21-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
It doesn`t matter that other companies might have been doing the same thing. I think you`ve misunderstood about the "trying to show others" bit, because he has done nothing but abuse the loopholes, try to say he never did it and was a political target, and then backpedal and say that he is innocent because while he may have done it everyone else was doing it too.

Try to change the laws for the better? Nope. Try to abuse the system to put himself on top? Yep. He wasn`t trying to tell the people about the laws - He just abused them for his benefit, then pulled a "Everyone else was doing it!" when caught.

And all the while he has done his best to paint himself as somehow special enough that he should be forgiven while other people should be punished.

As for the unfair imprisonment bit - he has complained that he was only targeted because he had run for public office and was "unconventional"...
How his company was making so much money had been a bit of a mystery (they overdid it with falsifying), and OF COURSE he got extra scrutiny during his run for office (that uncovered a enough to do a long term investigation that ended in his arrest).

I definitely would NOT want someone like him leading the country.
I definitely woudln't want him running the country either.
What I felt was unfair was how other companies doing the same thing got much lighter punishments, or just warnings.
Is that because of tatemae apologies that they got off easy? I'm a bit confused about why he gets 2.5 when others get probational periods or nothing.
Honestly it's difficult for me to follow it properly, the news uses big words >< lol
Thanks for clarifying it though, I appreciate that! Siokan too!

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.