View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
JustinHammerly (Offline)
New to JF

Traveling to Japan in December - 06-23-2011, 07:01 PM

Greetings, JapanForum!

I'm planning a trip to Japan in December and I need a little help planning my budget.

I plan on flying out of Houston, TX on November 30th, and after 2 layovers, and a disturbing amount of time spent next to people I probably won't like, I will arrive at Kansai Int. in Osaka.

I've managed to find an okay hotel for the 7 days I will be in Kyoto, and I plan on staying at a fancier hotel during the second part of my trip, which will be spent in Tokyo (another 7 days). Since I've already bought my tickets and booked my hotels, my only real question is how much spending money I should bring.

I was thinking about having a good 1,000-1,500 USD, split halfway between cash and a prepaid credit card(for emergencies, etc.). I had thought that would be more than enough considering I'm smart with my money, and I don't spend it on frivolous souvenirs. But I was told by a relative who has just recently gotten back from a two week trip to Europe, that this would not be enough, and that she blew through that amount in the first week.

So I was hoping that you all could give me a better idea of how much money I would truly need, and if you could give me any tips about traveling through Japan in general I would be more than grateful!

Many thanks,
Justin H.

Last edited by JustinHammerly : 06-23-2011 at 07:06 PM.