View Single Post
(#7 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-23-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHammerly View Post

I may have a few moments such as that, with say video games or something. But I can usually keep myself under control in such situations.
I've heard that from everyone I know who has been to Japan and most, if not all, are EPIC fails! There are things there that don't make it to the States and just look too good to be left in Japan! I hope you break that streak, but it's going to be an exercise in self-control every time!

Train travel within Tokyo can be expensive too, since you'll have to pay for JR trains as well as Private subways separately. There is no transfer fee like some cities in the US. If a trip requires you to take the Yamanote Line (JR) and get off somewhere to take the Maronouchi Line, you'll have to pay the distance fare on both lines. It can add up real quick. There are fare passes, but you don't save any money by using the SUICA or PASMO cards-they're just more handy than money, as you just swipe them through.

As for taxis, I would only use them if you're far away from your destination and it's after the last train leaves. They can be expensive. The last time I took one, it was 600 yen just to start the meter! (that's $7+!!!)

Last edited by JohnBraden : 06-23-2011 at 10:10 PM.