View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
JustinHammerly (Offline)
New to JF

06-23-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
I've heard that from everyone I know who has been to Japan and most, if not all, are EPIC fails! There are things there that don't make it to the States and just look too good to be left in Japan! I hope you break that streak, but it's going to be an exercise in self-control every time!

Train travel within Tokyo can be expensive too, since you'll have to pay for JR trains as well as Private subways separately. There is no transfer fee like some cities in the US. If a trip requires you to take the Yamanote Line (JR) and get off somewhere to take the Maronouchi Line, you'll have to pay the distance fare on both lines. It can all up real quick. There are fare passes, but you don't save any money by using the SUICA or PASMO cards-they're just more handy than money, as you just swipe them through.
Hahaha I'd imagine so. We all like to think we have more self control than we actually do. I will try my best though. (and I'll probably add a few hundred more to my total amount as well. Lol Just in case.)

Hmm, the train system has been my biggest worry. Since I have a car here in America I've never had to use public transportation of any kind.. I'm hoping that being able to speak/read the language will help to make the entire process smoother?

As for the money involved, would a fare pass be feasible? Since I will only be there for 7 days.. Do they make 7 day passes?