View Single Post
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-25-2011, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beinghere View Post
Hi thanks for your help. No I'm not coming to teach English, but to be there for a few months and do some exploring. I don't know what central is. I would like to be in an area with cafe's, cool people, good energy, activity, etc.

Someone mentioned these areas as possibilities:
Horie
Nagai
Ishibashi
Minoh
That's what I was afraid of. Unless you have a student or working visa and a bank account, you are not going to be able to rent an apartment, in the traditional sense. You can try the places suggested or try gaijin houses or weekly mansions. I am not an expert in this territory.

Ishibashi is the only one of those choices I would remotely call "central". Minoh is not even in Osaka. Horie and Nagai are not in the most up-to-date areas.

Cafe's are everywhere in Japan. It is hard to go two blocks without finding one. Namba/Shinsainashi areas (north of Ishibashi) are the most vibrant in terms of people, things to do like eat, drink, shop, people watch, etc. Umeda, a couple miles due north, is a little newer, cleaner, but has a lot of people and things to do.

I am just curious what you plan to do for a few months. I mean, if you have the means, more power to you. However, I think I might get bored if I didn't have something specific to do and wasn't on the move after a couple weeks.

Do you speak Japanese?