View Single Post
(#17 (permalink))
Old
KyleGoetz (Offline)
Attorney at Flaw

06-26-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
um== is that so? I was not expecting a joke at my expense. it was more to make me look a fool.
You don't have to take it so personally; it wasn't to make you look like a fool—it was to make Shad0w look funny (and I think it succeeded). But we were once in the same boat: When I first joined XO, I hate-hate-hated Shad0w. But he grew on me (as he predicted way back in Winter 2008).
Quote:
They do say that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
The people who say that aren't very funny.
Quote:
by the way shadow Your command of English isn't so hot either. don't you know the difference between YOUR and YOU'RE?
It's dangerous to criticize other people's English when you make mistakes yourself.
Quote:
I don't know what IR is
IR stands for "infrared" here. Japanese phones can point to each other and communicate via IR (transfer contact information à la digital business cards, etc.).

Finally, to be fair to Shad0w, I think it's OK to take the piss when a poster with nearly 2000 posts on JF does not know that Japanese people use text messages. Were you a poster with one or two posts, it might be a little less warranted. But, come on, you're part of our community now; aren't we allowed to take the piss a little?

Last edited by KyleGoetz : 06-26-2011 at 09:00 PM.