View Single Post
(#3 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-27-2011, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
Ok so here's the deal! I got approximately 2 years and half before I finish my degree (fell a semester behind since I changed majors), therefore 2 years and half before I go off to Japan. I wanted to pick up as much Japanese as possible since I want to understand what's going on around me. So I looked through the net for some nice sources to learn Japanese. I've tried Rosetta Stones borrowed it from a friend (he's an older dude and travels A LOT) and honestly it was absolute crap...I would've amputated one of my legs to be able to afford it and I would've amputated the other after I realize how much of a waste of money that shit is!

So now I've been looking into Textfugu and it looks really really nice. It has a 110% guarantee (gives you a refund if you don't like it) and the whole thing is worth 120$. But since I'm a broke student and I've got to save lots of money AND I've got my own expenses I need to take care off...I was wondering has anyone tried it? And would you recommend it?
First of all, if you have two and a half years left of your degree, that doesn't mean two and a half years until you go to Japan You'll need your actual degree certificate to get a visa, which takes time, and then go through the whole visa process and job hunt . . . I get my degree results next month, but I still won't be going until around next April.

Anyways, on-topic There are many, many free resources you can use to learn Japanese. If you do a quick search on the forum you'll find a fair few, the one I always recomend is the NHK website. Anyways, it may be a better idea than to fork out a lot of dollars for a product you're not even sure about