View Single Post
(#35 (permalink))
Old
acjama (Offline)
JF Regular

07-01-2011, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
Bachelor degree from a 21 year old with no life experience.
Exactly how does formal education remove or prevent "life experience" from people?

I hear the same claims all over again, all over the world. They are all identical, and that is suspicious to say the least. Nobody doesn't seem to be willing to explain how a non-educated person's "life experience" might be in any way greater than a student's of similar age, and that has led me to the conclusion that this idea is not their own, just copy&pasted from somebody.

This might be a little harsh to say out loud, but employers will always choose the one with knowledge and possible contacts of the field and concrete proof of a desire to improve oneself, rather than the one who simply claims undefined "life experience", most likely from a completely irrelevant field.

Sorry to be so confrontational, but I believe my point is valid. Everybody is born equal, but after that, those who work hard for their future should have more than those who just expect automatic rewards. And yes, your "hard work" is defined as such by others only, not you yourself.