Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

07-01-2011, 03:59 AM

Airline: ANA (All Nippon Airways)
When: August 2010
Flight Class: Economy
Departure: Dulles Washington DC International Airport - Tokyo Narita Airport
Experience: Incredible experience. I wasn't sure about the true difference between ANA and JAL, but I went with ANA as I got a decent deal. It was a great flight. Attendants all professional, clean plane, really good food for a flight (tenpura chicken and cold udon). We even arrived a bit early. I've never flown JAL, but if someone offered my a deal with ANA I'd take it in a heartbeat probably without seeing JAL's offer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Airline: Delta
Departure: Tokyo Narita Airport - Taipei Taoyuan International Airport
Experience: Epic fail. I mean, Delta is a joke back in the states, but for cheap tickets and only a 3 hour flight, we thought we'd be safe. We were wrong. Terrible service, gasoline smell permeating the plane, attendants not telling a parent to shut up their kid.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Airline: Air Canada
Departure: Tokyo Narita Airport - Baltimore/Washington International Airport
Experience: It seems like a lot of people here don't like Air Canada, but I found their service decent enough. The staff was ok, the food was alright, and I was able to get some good sleep without being disturbed. One thing that I thought was great was their selection of movies/tv/etc on their in-flight On Demand service. They had all kinds of new movies that I hadn't seen yet, which was really cool (everyone had their own personal tv).

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography