View Single Post
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Supperman (Offline)
JF Old Timer

A woman on the lake. - 07-05-2011, 10:22 PM

http://www.english-test.net/images/toeic/192.jpg No.1

This is a picture of a woman on a lake.
At the center of the picture, there is a woman on her yellow top sitting on a wooden platform on a lake. I don't know the real name of the platform in English. It may be a "port" or "seaport" or "lake-port", though I don't know there is such an English word.

The most impressive thing is that there is a bridge between the camera and her.
Probably it might be a bridge. A peculiar bridge. There are five native-logs, laying from the camera toward her. They are very native and raw. Not completely straight, nor I wonder if they are not even attached to the base.
I can't see any ropes or nails to attach them. If it is true, it must be a very dangerous bridge.

She is sitting toward the opposite direction, so I can see only her back. I can't decide what she's doing. Maybe she is fishing, but I'm not sure, because I don't see any fishing rod, or a cooler-box. She's wearing a casual wear, at least not the uniform of sport-fishing clothes.
She may be reading a book, or just meditating, or preparing to commit suicide.
I commented about her suicide, because the impression of this picture is very dark. It is as though taken by Tim Burton, who is the director of "Twin peaks", "Scissor hands", "Badman" etc.
It is dark, yet, it is daytime. There is no doubt about it. The sun is probably shining from the left side of the picture, because the left edge of her head is shining. We can see the reflection of the background mountains on the lake, clearly enough, so it must not be so cloudy, yet, it is not bright enough to get sunny-impression.

There is no wind, and the surface of the lake is calm. It is mossy lake. And I don't think this is a famous/sight-seeing-spot lake.

Thinking about this photo, I've gradually become confused. What is the aim of this picture?
Why she is not looking toward the camera? Who is the photographer?

What do you think?

Last edited by Supperman : 07-26-2011 at 09:15 AM.