View Single Post
(#22 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

07-09-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
I just want to add one thing. In Japan, I've experienced kindness and also polite courtesy. They are totally different things, yet they can be confused with each other.
Oh I agree! But for us Western.. Politeness is no different than kindness. Kindness is more dependent on the person himself and their daily mood, but so is politeness. But I thing especially politeness good point, is a Nation thing and maybe we should call the Japanese to be much more polite then we are. Maybe the word kindness is not the right one, even though we shouldn't make it such a big deal..

Important for me personally is, that people don't try to tell others that Japanese are acting that way. They have been grown up that way and learned to Respect a fellow human being much more then our parents teach us. They have a different mindset then we are! Also the reason why Japanese or Asians don't freak out in public. It's a no-go in their mindset and unlike us they have a special kind of shyness and civility which isn't nearly as strong in most Western Nations.

Last edited by BobbyCooper : 07-09-2011 at 07:18 PM.