(#26 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
07-10-2011, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
Same reason why the Japanese do not cheer while watching a Sporting Event!
Well, that proves you`ve never been to a sporting event in Japan...

----
Back to the original subject though...

Quote:
I just want to add one thing. In Japan, I've experienced kindness and also polite courtesy. They are totally different things, yet they can be confused with each other.
I think this is where the problem arises. Apparently, people see the polite courtesy as "faking" kindness, or "acting" - which really makes no sense to me. Do they only want people to behave in a courteous manner when it was a truly heartfelt gesture? If you go into the world expecting that the only courtesy you will experience comes from the heart, you`ll find a lot of disappointment.

Is it an "act" if I am in a horribly bad mood, but force a smile and behave courteously instead of snapping at someone? I don`t believe there is any active deception going on there. It isn`t a black or white sort of thing - behaving courteously when you may not feel like it doesn`t mean that you`re concealing hatred or the like.

When you really come down to it - kindness itself means nothing without action. Saying thank you, even if it isn`t heartfelt, carries more weight than feeling incredibly thankful but saying nothing.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.