Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-11-2011, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supperman View Post
Hi.

Fishing in the city / TOEIC

This is a vertically long photo (WE call that "PORTRAIT VIEW") as against LANDSCAPE) of a man fishing by the urban city river. He's standing on the pavement by the river, who AND is holding a surf casting rod and IS fishing right now.

He's holding a bag in the (OVER HIS shoulder, but there is no fish container to be seen and I wonder IF he's actually caught any fish.

At (ON) the opposite side of the river, I can see THE well-paved tall bank ( HIGH CONCRETE BANK).? The water level seems relatively low.
Next to the river, there is a road with heavy traffic.
At (IN)the background, there is a big building covered with glass, through which we can see the reflection of buildings. on the back side of the camera. (Behind the photographer.)?

This is quite a big urban city, and it seems a little odd to see such a fisherman.
Yet, on the second thoughts, it is because of an urban city, where we could often see peculiar people.
(UNUSUAL ACTIVITIES)

I think PECULIAR people is not a good way to describe them. Maybe It is unusual to see anyone fishing in this Urban City, but people doing unexpected
things or activities is normal in a Large City. (just a suggestion)

Maybe he knows there are many fish down in that river.

I live near a shipping port and we observe many fishermen leaning over the bridge hoping to catch a fish.

There could be other changes in your writing but on the whole its very good Supperman.

My japanese friend used to tell me that too many rivers in Japan have concrete banks rather than natural grass river banks.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 07-11-2011 at 08:30 AM.