(#52 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-18-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supperman View Post
Hi.

We have the Boy Scout in Japan too, though I don't know about it except they wear cowboy hats.
The homepage of Scout Association of Japan is here;
Scout Association of Japan

//////////////////////

As for Halloween, it is important for me to hear your opinion about it, which would be rather "negative".
I didn't want to write something negative in here, so I didn't mention about the tragedy that had happened at (ONE Halloween night.)
A Japanese teenage international student was shot to death at ONE Halloween night, when he disguised himself as a monster, enjoying the "trick or trade". He was dead because he couldn't understand the meaning of "freeze!".
If I had been him, I too would have thought it as "please!". And I was shot to death too.

The accident had happened around 1990, and every Japanese was so shocked. And I myself decided to quit going to America.

Why such an innocent act had to be related to death?

The shooting man was judged as innocent at the court, because of "justifiable defense". (THE GUNMAN)

But aN ex-FBI officer said that he was guilty, in a book: "I Have Lived in the Monster" by Robert K. Ressler、Tom Shachtman.
He didn't have to shoot.....
The ex-FBI officer analyzed the character of the shooting man.

I don't know what the truth was. It was just an opinion of a book writer. AN AUTHOR-- or WRITER>

Anyway, very unfortunately, I have negative feeling about "Halloween", too.
And I will never forget the meaning of the word "freeze!".

I am not surprised about your feelings Supperman, I am sure many people would also have been upset. It was an awful thing to happen.

Unfortunately we get some crazy people who when let loose with a gun-- do crazy things-- we have had mad gunmen here in UK too-- shooting children in school or shooting people at random.

I am not sure if all Americans are allowed to carry a gun? If so I often wonder why?