View Single Post
(#89 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-24-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuzoku View Post
I thought the same thing for a moment. I don't think I have seen snow piled up that high. But then again, it looked too smooth to be cliffs or rocks. No doubt it is has hardened to a fairly high degree or else it probably would have fallen. The ice wall texture almost looks like the frost build-up on a old freezer. I'm curious as well to where it was taken.
One other thought is: Are there some extremely High Walls that are now covered in snow and ice.

I live near a beach with cliffs, The cliffs are very light and High. It would be interesting to discover more of this phenomenon

here are some more snow photographs

Snow Japan - Japan Snow Gallery - "Snowy Japan" - Record snowfall in Japan - Winter 2005/6

I notice this one shows how the snow is cleared and dispersed onto the top by the snow machine. sorry I do not know the correct name.

It reminds me of a threshing machine that separates the grain from wheat and the tube that then throws it into another carrier.

In the original photo posted I just could not imagine how the snow was so very High. Perhaps the machine levels it off.

Here in UK we are unaccustomed to much snow so forgive my ignorance

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 07-24-2011 at 01:50 PM.