View Single Post
(#22 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-27-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siokan View Post
The country and the municipality preserve value as a cultural asset.
The house that old rich people built is strong. Other plants and buildings design simple in consideration of a fire.
Maintenance can be done if there are a resolution and money in which three new houses are bought.

not easy to live+Money hangs+weak to the disaster=hell on earth

It is specified for the cultural asset, and the relative who was not able to move complains. "i want house to burn"(seriously)
I understand there are many reasons why so much architectural heritage has been lost but I still think it's a great shame. I mean if you travel through Europe so much architectural heritage has been preserved. Whole towns have building overlays and restrictions so that the character of the town is retained. Nearly every town you go through is an historical wonder. There's a few towns like that in Japan but really only a few. Most in my eyes were pretty damned ugly. It's a real pity in my opinion. For a country that has such an old and established culture I was kind of blown away by the lack of aesthetic beauty in most towns. And for gods sake why oh why can they not put the powerlines underground????? The powerlines are about the ugliest thing in all Japanese towns and cities. Some places do have them underground and what an incredible difference it makes!