View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
SarahChan (Offline)
New to JF

Totally Confused - 07-28-2011, 07:03 PM

K, maybe this forum is full of white people instead of Japanese guys who can give me a more accurate answer, but I figure I'll ask anyway and see what happens.

Here goes, I just started dating a Japanese guy from Nagoya. My best friend Mitsuko was born and raised in Japan and says that Japanese men are conservative when it comes to affection. They don't kiss on the first date, they don't like PDA, and they are just generally not pushy when it comes to affection. However, this guy initiated the first kiss. Made out with me on the first date. And wanted to take things further until I told him I wouldn't go further without more of a commitment (i.e. we're officially boyfriend and girlfriend). So now we're officially boyfriend and girlfriend.

There's one thing weighing in the back of my mind though. Mitsuko also told me that most Asian men tend to see white girls as being "easy" and just want to use them for sex. With this guy pushing to go farther and farther I worry if he's just using me or if he genuinely likes me? Is it normal for a Japanese guy to be so affectionate and liberal? He told his mom and dad back in Nagoya about me already. They're both supportive but told him to take things slow and not rush in. However he seems to want to rush in.

I'm totally confused.