View Single Post
(#165 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-03-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supperman View Post
I think Dogsbody70 was commenting not against yours, but against my "I will write correct/wrong sentences in green letters".
Sorry, Supperman (and sorry to Dogs, too!). I was very busy this morning with graduation paperwork, so I misread who Dogs comment was directed towards. I thought she was telling me, rather than you, what her corrections meant. That's my mistake again, lol. I shouldn't really try and multi-task forums with actual work!

Quote:
You may think that Supperman's green letters are his summary. He's trying to summarize what he was taught, and make them easy to search, when he looks back them in the future.
edit)
"Summarize" may not the proper expression here. Usually "to summarize" means to make a brief ,concise and abstract summary.
I think 'correction' is a fine enough word to use instead of summarise, or like Dogs said 'alterations'. Maybe you could use 'consolidation', too? 'Consolidate' has the meaning of to solidify learning (in this context), and to make shorter and more succinct. So "He's trying to consolidate what he was taught"?

Last edited by RobinMask : 08-03-2011 at 07:53 PM.