View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-04-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samokan View Post
The Philippines actually established a railway system first than Japan unfortunately due to corrupt government and undiscipline citizen, add to the fact that there are lots of squatter, living along the railroad, it never improved.

A few years ago, the country , with the help of Japan built a new Railway system to ease the traffic in Manila. Personally I have not used it since I don't live in the city.

I have never been on a train, till I got to Japan and it is the only train system I have used so far.

An interesting train i've been on lately, was the Black Ship Train going to Izu.
train

Unfortunately, taking pictures inside the train is not allowed . I love what they did to the interior.
How long will the black ship train run for? I wish i had that opportunity.

John, canada is the same, our commuter train share the tracks with freight train. What worse is that we mostly operate off a single track system on each line. So for our commuter train here, train travel south to the city during rush hour, and back during the afternoon rush. No train services outside of the rush hour boundary. What worse is, because it single track, one problematic train will hold up the entire line....... If someone got killed on the track, we will be stuck for at least 5 hours for investigation and such.. and most importantly, we are NOT allowed to leave!

Thats why I LOVE the japanese railway system. I was taking the Saitama train from Tokyo > Omiya, someone jumped infront of our train. We killed the dude instantly. Our train were stopped, and services resumed within 20 minutes......

I did some research, for 2009, on an average, all Japanese railway service is within 45 seconds of it operating schedule. Toronto is known for late trains, thats one of the attraction........