View Single Post
(#8 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-04-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
It is really a shame that passenger rail died out - I would have loved to have had the chance to take a cross country train trip... For me the journey is as much a part of the enjoyment as the destination itself so flying is really a bit depressing. I would love to at least have the option of a slower trip by rail and/or ship (without it costing a fortune...)
Are you referring to outside of Japan?

The thing with the Japanese railway system is that its really elaborate, I mean you have access to some sort of Tracks (be it commuter train, high speed or subway) at almost every major intersection.

I only remeber Japan's winter as a kid, but don't remember what its like taking public transportation during winter. Was it also mostly on time? The reason I asked is that, Toronot's system suck... they always have an excuse:

- Winter time - Tracks are slippery, and the switches get frozen and need to be unfreeze manually (I am not kidding, someone walk out with a flamethrower)

- Summer time - Tracks are too hot and its expanded to beyond it safety operation guage, so trains need to travel slower..