(#24 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-05-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
On the note of homeless people, I ran into at 2 homeless guys in Japan under different occassion, they are the type that fit the "homeless because of economoy" type, very well educated and well spoken, but just couldn't afford to live...
I see homeless all the time...

They build little villages of cardboard and blue tarp along river sides and under overpasses... You also run into them a lot by stations, sitting in the stair wells or sleeping on cardboard sheets by the doors. Most who I have actually seen enough of to judge have been of the "homeless due to alcohol and/or mental illness" rather than economic reasons.

I hate to say it, but I really think that most of the "economic reasons" types have their own demons - they just hide them better. There are countless programs to get these people off the streets and into jobs or facilities. I have seen numerous documentaries following charity and government groups trying to help these people off the streets... with very poor results due to the people themselves.
I know everyone thinks differently, but... If I were on the street I would not turn my nose up at a "boring" factory job that offered fair pay with room and board for a 6 month to 5 year contract.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.