(#28 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-05-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I see homeless all the time...

They build little villages of cardboard and blue tarp along river sides and under overpasses... You also run into them a lot by stations, sitting in the stair wells or sleeping on cardboard sheets by the doors. Most who I have actually seen enough of to judge have been of the "homeless due to alcohol and/or mental illness" rather than economic reasons.

I hate to say it, but I really think that most of the "economic reasons" types have their own demons - they just hide them better. There are countless programs to get these people off the streets and into jobs or facilities. I have seen numerous documentaries following charity and government groups trying to help these people off the streets... with very poor results due to the people themselves.
I know everyone thinks differently, but... If I were on the street I would not turn my nose up at a "boring" factory job that offered fair pay with room and board for a 6 month to 5 year contract.
Oh, I've seen plenty of homeless, i am just saying, i happen to have seen 2 that was able to present themselves.... so i was thinking there maybe more...

Ueno koen, I've seen some girl that might have been homeless.. she was young, and she dressed young, but she was just sleeping on the steps.. or she might have been drunk