Thread: Patriotism
View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Patriotism - 08-21-2011, 01:23 AM

Is Japan a patriotic country?

I'd say I've visited countries at both ends of the 'patriot' scale, with the USA being most patriotic, and my home country of the UK being the least.
In America, you'd be pressed to just travel a few blocks without seeing an American flag flying somewhere, and finding someone who doesn't show at least a little patriotism for their country.
While in the UK, I don't really see anyone talking patriotically, and there certainly aren't many flags flying in my area.

When I was in Japan, I can't really say I saw much in terms of flags flying and such (the majority of flags I did see flying were those of other countries), yet sometimes I hear that Japanese people think very highly of their country, and are extremely proud to be Japanese.

Oh, where do you come from, and are you patriotic? As said I'm from the UK, and I would consider myself a minor patriot. I wouldn't go flying the British flag around, and I couldn't care less for the royal wedding really, but I do think the countryside around where I live, the environment around me, the achievements the UK has made and some of the absolutely amazing things to see and do here make me a proud Brit.
I'm seriously considering a holiday somewhere in Britain for my next trip rather than going abroad, and for me that's really saying something! :L
Sorry if I sound a bit like a tourism advert in this last paragraph ^^;