View Single Post
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
08-21-2011, 06:19 PM

Bobby, as it appears that you are unable to see why people take issue with and post things opposing you... I will explain it as clearly as possible.

Everyone knows that there is less crime in Japan. Everyone is aware that there was less looting after the earthquake than seems to be the norm elsewhere.
But you do not say less, you say no. There is a huge difference.

I agree that Japan has less crime, but that doesn't mean that the country has absolutely no crime. It doesn't mean that the country has a perfect society. It just means that for various reasons - cultural, social, economical - there is less crime. I consider it a positive thing, but there is no way anyone could use that information to convince me that Japan is a perfect country that is superior to every other in every way.

However, that is pretty much what you are saying.

There was relatively little looting after the earthquake and tsunami. Great. But that doesn't mean there was NO looting and no crime. It doesn't mean that there are no bad people in Japan who would take advantage of others and their suffering.

Nothing is black and white. There is no all good or all bad country or culture. I live in Japan because I prefer the country, but that doesn't mean that I believe it to be a happy heaven of peace and prosperity.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.