View Single Post
(#24 (permalink))
Old
acjama (Offline)
JF Regular

08-22-2011, 05:13 AM

Traffic rules are nice. They outline how everybody reacts in any situation, so that everybody will know how the others behave even from a distance. It's better for everybody to behave within set expectations all the time, also when alone just in case somebody you don't see yet is relying on you to be predictable and feel safe. When somebody reacts differently and unexpectedly, there will be bad things, like loud noises and then somebody's suddenly gone.

Now, did everyone get the creepies from that (and why, do you disagree?)?

It's a nice dream - for traffic. But I feel the idea has been imported to Japanese society, and that sucks. It has questionable benefits and no place in societies, just like corporate capitalism has absolutely no place doing societal economics.

And yes, I also detest jumping to straws. I read about a hundred scientists studying global warming (not a troll, do NOT grab it!) and agreeing on a set of data. When one scientist does not, the newspapers scream "IT WAS ALL A LIE!". Err, no. The one case does not negate hundred others that showed the opposite.