View Single Post
(#6 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-30-2011, 01:48 PM

I am currently reading a book "Embracing Defeat" about Japan after the war. It is really interesting. I would like to read Japanese accounts of that time also. I recently saw a DVD "THE Sun"-- a russian film about Emperor Hirohito before the surrender. whether He was depicted in a true fashion I do not know-=- but it was quite compelling nevertheless. His speech was not on this film. According to the film-- true or not? --The Emperor denied his divinity. I wonder how many Japanese truly believed in his divinity prior to this?

On Britains Pathe Plus site-- I saw the Emperor when he visited this country before the war.

Also I am reading accounts of the Sarin attacks--compiled by HARUKI Murakami. It is fascinating to read-- one thing that comes through is the way that many of those who were affected by the sarin-- still tried to make their way to work.

It was a dreadful thing. It seemed strange how so many of those who were affected were not helped by passers- by or other travellers.

I wonder if something similar happened on the London Underground-- the non-reaction would be similar.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 08-30-2011 at 01:51 PM.