View Single Post
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Clanky2011 (Offline)
New to JF

Should I stay or should I go? - 09-02-2011, 08:19 PM

After living in a small town in Kyushu for 10 years I made the decision to move back to the UK in 2009 with my Japanese wife and 2 children. The reason for this being that I was worried that my daughter, who was in 2nd grade elementary at the time, was being bullied and not making any friends at the school. Since being in the UK it is fair to say that she has made more friends and seems to be a whole lot more relaxed.

My problem is that on top of really hating the job I am now doing (Police Officer) and wanting to get back to the one I loved and was good at - English conversation teacher, I also feel I am cutting the kids off from their true home and my wife from her family and culture.

We recently went back for a 3 week stay and the kids seemed so at home there. Since being back in the UK both children have said that they want to go back to Japan, although my daughter has said that she is not keen to go back to school there.

Any advice would be appreciated as I don't think that I can keep my insecurity from affecting my wife and kids anymore...